Wednesday, August 31, 2011

POWER!!!!

Finally got my power back on....

Hurricane Irene didn't do too much damage in my neck of the woods, though 
she did manage to take out my power since Saturday at 5am. I can say that I will
hands down always choose power over none, but it was fun! 
I am normally a big scaredy cat. My house is wicked old, like 150 years, kind of old. 
It was supposedly part of the under ground railroad, hence why I happen to have 7 (creepy)
doors in my room to help me drift off to sleep every night.

only picture I got before my camera died :(

BUT this is besides the point. My weekend was spent at home, preparing for the storm to arrive.
We got lucky we didn't get hit too bad. There was this huge tree in the street in front of my
lawn that fell and took down all the power lines with it. Overnight my front yard
turned into some sort of weird tourist attraction for the neighbors!
Guess you see what folk like us do in New York when there isn't any power.


Button baby (the scary looking cat haha) and Sleepy dexter wanted to say HI!



In other news. I started school today.... ugh! 
When will it be over?!??
Class from 8 am until 10 pm! OUCH
But but but... despite being trapped in 3+ hr long lectures, something kinda 
funny happened that made my day!
Here I was in class getting up from my seat, to go out for our 15 minute break, as 
was the guy who was sitting directly to my left. I had been scanning the
room all class long (clearly being a fantastic student) and noticed
how awesome his T-shirt was! Naturally, being me, I had to say something.
Fast forward through short compliments & conversation. I begin to walk out, only to notice
that I was cutting him off. So I stepped back and did one of those big overly
dramatic hand gestures that people do when they are clearing the way for someone.
Seemed only natural, right?! Then, ya know what he did?!???
He HUGGED me! Yup! He got confused and thought I was going to give him a hug.
My heart just burst, it was such a silly mistake, but I LOVE hugs!
Sorry that was a completely babbling version of it, but I am just happy. I mean aren't
hugs (even random ones) just awesome!
I believe I have just made a friend!

WOO!




No comments:

Post a Comment