Monday, October 1, 2012

Strangers....

Today started off pretty unconventional... and as luck would have it, it stayed that way.
Well that was until I hopped onto the train for the ride home.
I was just sitting in my seat, getting into the grove of the music and writing away
in my journal, oblivious to the world around me.
Luckily,  I managed to snap out of my trance right when the trained came to my stop.

So, I get off and I was feeling good. I was digging my music,
Stevie Wonder pumping me up with some "Isn't She Lovely" as I descended into the parking
lot where I would be picked up. I mean, I even felt cute. My legs felt long because
of the leather wedge strappy heels I was wearing and the black and white
animal dress that cinches my waist in JUST the right place for that hourglass affect.
 Pair that with my super bad ass leather jacket and a scarf and I was feeling good. 
I was walking with my chin up, shoulders back and a sway to my hips
that showed people that I was important! (Aka that they should just watch out for 
me because I might run them over in my attempt at having "swag" or whatever). It was kind of like
out of the movies, opening scene, camera pans from feet up woman's legs 
who's walking down the street in a billowing dress, hair blowing in the wind to a really catchy
tune. Except, for the simple fact that she is actually cool. 
Turns out, me, not so much. 

Anyway, as I was saying, I was feeling good. I spotted my ride and it was in the prime location,
right at the entrance to the lot, driver facing the exit so we could have a quick
getaway and avoid all traffic. I'm even happier now. I get to the car, hop in buckle my seat belt and start to say hello after I had finished my final bit of singing to good ol' Stevie, when the little boy in 
the passengers seat turns around and starts waving.
uhhh.....what?.... I don't know any toddlers.

I WAS IN THE WRONG CAR!
(I have totally done this before, New Years of 2009 I believe. Right Stacey?!)

I felt like such an idiot! The toddler was the sweetest little thing, but obviously the look of murder and shock on the mothers wasn't so pleasant. I unbuckled my seat belt, all the while stammering
my apologies and how I didn't realize it the was the wrong car... "insert babbling apology here".

End of story...
I am an ignoramus... fact.


1 comment:

  1. Haaaaaa! That's hilarious! I can only imagine the absolute horrid feeling of embarrassment! Still, it's soo funny!
    Great post!
    Love G xx

    http://www.supercalafashionistic.com/

    ReplyDelete