Thursday, February 16, 2012

Choco Chip Fix - Round 1

I am on a hunt... for the perfect chocolate chip cookie.




 Alas, I have been on this hunt for about a year now to no avail. Some have given me pause and caused me to think "AHA! I found it, Finally!!!" butttt.... then I keep trying it and somehow they don't seem as fantastic as the first time I made them. So here my search continues. I found this recipe and they aren't too bad...



What you will need:

1 1/2 Cups Butter - softened
1 1/4 cups Sugar
1 1/4 cups Brown sugar - firmly packed
2 Eggs
1 tbls Vanilla

4 1/4 Cups All-Pupose Flour
1 tea Baking Powder
1 tea Baking Soda
1 tea Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Combine Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside
Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Beat at medium speed until creamy.
Slowly add flour and beat until well mixed.
Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop dough in round tablespoon size, 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cooking sheet (normally I put tin foil, shiny side down on my cooking sheets). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes each. I normally have to undercook my cookies because the temperature in my oven is off and I like my cookies a little chewier. 

Personally for my chocolate chip's I use E. Guittard's chocolate disks. They are dark chocolate, where most recipes normally call for a semi-sweet. To each his own, I say. I just like the denser chocolate taste in my cookies. The disks are usually used to be melted for chocolate fountains and such, I will chop them in half so it is more like a chunk for smaller cookies and leave them whole to give big chocolate bites in my larger cookies.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment