Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I have to tell you this one for me was actually awesome, for no reason in particular. Perhaps it was talking to amazing people, spending lots of time cuddling with the animals or getting to hang out with Mama all week! It was fun.







It could also have been the fantastic baking spree all weekend. Mostly experimenting 
with the same exact recipe over and over because I am a horrible perfectionist! 
Anyway, I attempted this Raspberry Tassie recipe. By the way, I love the word tassie, I have somehow managed to interject it into conversations as many time as possible because it just rolls off the tongue so nicely, kind of like satchel. Anyway, before I get distracted again... Here is what they looked like. 


They are delicious little treats!

Raspberry Tassie

What you will need:
1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temp.
6 ounces Cream Cheese, room temp. 
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Jar of favorite Preserve

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then in a bowl beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients.  (Pretty simple huh?!) 

Make sure to either butter or spray your pan because these babies easily stick. Roll your dough into balls, as you would with cookies, press into mini muffin tin with fingers or an object that has the same circumference as bottom of mold.

Add the Jam from the jar (I used Smuckers Raspberry Preserve, delicious!). Either pop them in the oven for the allotted 25 to 30 mins or you can add on the basic crumb pie topping.

Crumb Pie Topping
1 stick of Butter, room temperature
1 cup Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar (I use light)

Beat together all the ingredients until combined. It will be crumbly. Spread over the top of each tassie and then bake as you would do previously! 

Thats all there is too it! 

here are some more photos:






No comments:

Post a Comment