Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love.

I feel as if lately I have realized people tend to take the small things in life for granted.
I know that at times I am guilty of doing the exact same thing.
It was pouring rain when I walked the dog today. As usual these gloomier days make
me rather introspective and appreciative, or perhaps thoughtful is a more apt way of describing it.
At first I was thinking of how the weather makes me tired and lazy.
Suddenly I realized how dismal my thoughts were becoming and I just stopped and I began
thinking of all those little things in life that bring me pure joy. 



It's the Little things:

- I love... the absolutely fresh smell of the rain.

- I love... when I get home and am greeted with the face of my puppy who is just 
shaking from pure happiness and love. 

- I love... Christmas, everything about it! I can't not smile during Christmas season

- I love... a really good laugh. Ya know, those cheeks sore and belly ache. 

- I love... when I bake something that people really enjoy, you can see it in their face!

- I love... reading a really good book, those that just pull you into it and your images become so vivid, that you can't remember if it was a book or a movie!

- I love... a really comfy bed!

- I love... cuddling on the couch with a fire and a really warm blankie!

- I love... laying outside looking up at a clear night sky with all those stars!

- I love... a big heaping plate of french fries or a great big steak!

- I love... cute old people / old couples! They are too adorable. (just try and deny it!)


There are so many more things. Those are just the ones I can think of at the moment. I swear I had about a billion when I was outside being all deep and thinking! Bummer, oh well... it's the thought that counts right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment