Monday, March 5, 2012

Am I the Only One...


- Who finds it takes them forever to read Pride & Prejudice because I just can't seem to grasp
everything in old english?

- Who has drawers and closets filled with clothes and shoes but for some reason can never put together a decent outfit? I mean how do these fashion bloggers do it?!!! Seriously, everyday you look put together. Do you do it the night before? I don't get it. It's like when I wake up and try to put something cute together it never looks right. Or I have those minds farts where I completely forgot that totally adorable outfit that I thought of yesterday! Fail!

- Who doesn't have it together? I read all these blogs and everyone seems to know exactly what they are doing, is awesome at organizing, always happy, can basically: juggle, cook a big thanksgiving dinner, while standing on their head and burping their babies! What kind of super good at life energy drink do you have and where can I find it?

- Who really wishes that they could sing like Christina Aguilera? Cause man belting seems more therapeutic then punching a pillow! 

- Who has no idea what I am meant to do with my life? I feel as if I am stuck in this limbo of no career ideas. Like I have no useable talents that could even be dabbled with and turned into something that could resemble a career. Why wasn't I one of those prodigy babies that grew up talented or knowing exactly what they wanted? 

- Who can't seem to time meals correctly. Either the side dish is done about an hour and a half before the dish or vice versa! Do I need to go to cooking schools or is this a gift of genetics, because apparently it skipped my generation! 

- Who really wants to like going to the gym and working out but can't seem to get to that elusive 30 day mark that would get me over the hump of it being torture?

- Who collects high heels like its my job but has absolutely NO WHERE to wear them? I mean what am I gonna do wear them for the hour that I go to the grocery store. Talk about some weird looks!

- Who doesn't seem to understand how people just "know"? Is it a feeling? Do you just go with it and take you're best shot hoping that you made the right choice? I am so confused! Is it because I am as indecisive as a little kid debating between a cookie or a donut.

- Who wishes that they could have that thick hair that needs nothing done when it comes out of the shower and is either perfectly straight or has those sexy beachy waves when dry? 

- Who really has no idea how to do makeup? Or to do my hair? Pretty sure my life consists of concealer, powder, blush, mascara, and a straightening iron! Can someone give me lessons?!!!

- Who thinks Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are just adorable? Don't care if you think the are ridiculous, I am a fan and not ashamed to admit it! 



Now, let me make something clear. I am NOT unhappy with my life. I understand that things are not easy. I also realize just how completely lucky I truly am. I am so thankful that I have all my limbs, that my body works, that I have been blessed with such amazing people and opportunities in my life but that does not mean that I don't wonder. That I wish that maybe it was somehow simpler sometimes. That things just seemed to make sense, decisions weren't so hard sometimes, that I just was born with some fantastic talent for all things. I mean, who doesn't dream? These things mentioned above (well the more important ones like where I'll go with my life) just seem to be things I catch myself wondering about more and more. I just never can wrap my head around if it's just me? I'm not the only one right?

No comments:

Post a Comment