Friday, March 9, 2012

FRIDAYYY!

Well people I just have to tell you a tiny little story that just shows how unsocialized and idiotic I have become! It's quite hilarious, I leave some mighty great impressions on people, It's really no wonder everyone remembers me. "Oh Hey! Look it's that girl that tripped down the stairs last Wednesday!"

No I did not do that BUT I did do something pretty stupid. It was more a comment than anything else. I guess I should stop qualifying and just tell the story already, geez! Anyway, thursday was my second full day back at work. I was exhausted from my first day back and my excursion with the moon the night before. Naturally, this means that my otherwise impeccable social skills and cues were sorely impaired (not to mention seriously rusty). Where I work is currently under intense reconstruction, so all our merchandise has been shifted into aisles and into other departments, in some weird semblance of order. The new rule of thumb at our store is to make sure you stay in the aisle and "Greet EVERY customer with a smile and friendly Hello!". Sounds right up my ally! Talking to strangers? YES! Being happy? YES! Smiling? Heck YES! I have this down pat people. I was totally in my element. Little did I know this is a competition of sorts, and when a manager notices such exemplary performances they give out "chips" aka poker chips. Every friday you are supposed to take your winnings to the office and deposit your name and chips into a drawing and see if you won a super sweet prize. Cool beans? I can totally do that. So, off I go, Greeting and mingling with the hoards of shoppers. 

Suddenly, my store manager (aka the big alpha dog) comes up to me and compliments my skills. At some point in walking down the aisle with her, as she is explaining what she likes about my approach, I must have dropped my mind. We stop and converse a bit more and suddenly she begins to dig around in her pants pocket. "Sydney, I am very impressed. Keep up the good work. I want to share a chip with you!" says Big Alpha Dog.  As I take a few steps toward her and put my arm around her shoulders with my other hand giving her a friendly tap on the arm and exclaim "Oh, no! I couldn't. That's sweet of you to share but I can't eat them!" dun dun dun.... Idiot Sydney has just entered the building. Realizing what just came out of my mouth, what she was referencing too, the fact that she had a look that was the cross between disbelief and amusement. Not to mention, I am HUGGING my BOSS! I am an idiot... Really Sydney? Is she seriously keeping potato chips in those tight pants pockets of hers? Points for team Sydney! NAHT! 

Oh well, on a happier note.... 

(Excuse the odd face I am making)

Me and Tiny! Loves her, the feisty adorable 4'9 spitfire! 

Have a good weekend 
<3

1 comment: