Monday, March 19, 2012

The Stars Sure Burn Brightly!

This weekend was busy. Work, work and more work.
BUT.... It was filled with some amazing things:

1. Burger Bliss
 I ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for the first time in like 5 months, it was the first time I bit into anything since I had my jaw surgery two months ago! It was.... unreal! I forgot how much enjoyment you can really get from taking one big bite out of a juicy burger! 

2. Looney Linda
I had a customer who made me literally want to pull my hair out and give her the biggest hug in the entire world. She was fantastic and frustrating. I was so grateful to have gotten to meet her. She hated almost everything I picked out! Can't have collars, if it has navy in it.. totally out, no buttons, and the list goes on. Yet, she was so loving and hilarious with her best friend of 45 years. Yes people she is 67, 5 foot and a pure spitfire. She cursed like a trucker, stopped to talk and laugh with everyone, giving compliments to other customers trying things on, and even being difficult she made it the seemingly easiest appointment on my record! 

3. Spunky Squirt
 I met a little 3 year old chunk of a little girl, who was just so spunky and full of life. She ran around like crazy and her name was Sydney! But that wasn't even the best part, she ran over and hugged my legs!!!! My heart just about exploded into billions of pieces. I can't even begin to make you understand how much I had needed this. One simple gesture and my whole entire day was instantly better.

4. Monopoly Man
There is a man that I work with who seriously looks like the Monopoly Man, except with an astounding fashion sense. I guess that is why he is the only male personal stylist! Anyway, he has always been a kind man, he just seems to exude his gentle nature. He is probably one of the best men I have ever met. A man in love with his wife and best friend of 24 years, who he affectionately said would kick his butt cause she was a real "tough cookie". I learned that he is a youth pastor and that for 17 years he has run multiple Midnight Runs. They are nights where supplies and food are brought to the homeless. Not only that but he came up to me randomly and sweetly said "Please don't take this wrong. You were cute before but you are now beautiful! Don't let anyone tell you differently." Talk about getting my face bright red and hurting from smiling so much!

5. Morning Bliss
I awoke one afternoon morning to get my butt up for work. As per my normal routine, I procrastinate for a good hour before actually rushing to get in the shower, throw on a sloppily put together outfit and get my self together. Naturally this time is taken up with completely useful time catching up on blogs, facebook, crappy tv and other such important events. This particular morning I walked into our sun room and was greeted with the view of an amazing dense morning hazy that was wrapping itself around the tree in the middle of my yard. With the sun shining it's bright happy beams through the cracks in the tree and producing one of the most breathtaking views! I wish everyone could have seen it in person, my photo does it no justice!



Man I love my life. It's always amazing to me how blind someone can be to the beauty of all the things around them. I have made a pact with myself to start paying more attention to the world around me. Really taking into account what goes on in my life and taking stock of it has brought me so much joy lately. I hope everyone will truly take in the things that go on around them and let it 
affect their lives in the most positive way possible. 
It truly makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment