Monday, March 26, 2012

If Love Was Like Water....

Then they would have it in an endless supply



I look at these pictures and my heart and soul are filled with a deep seemingly endless happiness. I mean, these two human beings, who are SO completely different in all ways, are madly in love. Even after 27 years of being married. 27 years that haven't always been happy. Years that have been hard and tried their patience and even have them admitting that they thought about throwing in the towel, but they didn't. I am so blessed for getting to the chance to witness this type of love.

I took these photos on a random thursday afternoon after a long day of my mom being at work and my father and I being in the city meeting with doctors. During those hours with my dad we accomplished a lot and laughed a whole lot more, but the thing that stands out to me the most isn't in any of those moments. It was as we were waiting for our order at Five Guys Burgers and Fries (such good greasy sin like burgers, you HAVE the try them... they leave you the most uncomfortable happy full you will ever feel). We started talking about my mom and something silly she had done the weekend before. As I am gazing at my father on the stool and he looks away and his face drops a bit. Into a sort of introspective look that tells of secrets that only he knows about, as his face pulls up in a smirk he says "I love your Mother" and you could feel how true his words were by the look of pure happiness that poured out of them. I felt as if I had just stood directly in front of the sun, that is the kind of warm happy feelings that it gave me to know such a thing. 

I know this may sound silly to some, but for me its so much. I have the two best examples of parents. They are loving, generous, funny, smart and kind. I could not ask for better ones. I can only hope and pray that I turn into a quarter of the type of human beings that they are. Can only hope and dream that I can know what a true love like that is really like, that after 27 years of marriage my life is complete because of that one person. 

Disney movies have got nothing on my parents, Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment