Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goodnight Moon!

I know it's late... I just can't resist! 


I have just had one fantastic day. From the start it was just good. Do you ever have those days where you wake up and you just get that feeling inside that things are going the way they were supposed to? Well, if not, just nod your head and pretend for a second! Today was that day for me. It was my first real day back at work. Exhausting after sitting on my tush for about 6 weeks straight, but amazing to see and laugh with the people I love at work. Getting to have random conversations with some fantastic
new patrons was awesome, their are some fascinating people out there. They have
some of the greatest stories if you just take the time to listen to them for a few. It is always such a thrill and a pleasure. 

The amazingness didn't just stop there. Once I got home I was greeted by the waggy butt bear cub, aka dexter, and then proceeded to laugh with my parents. As the night wore on the exhaustion began to take its toll and I felt the need to sleep but as I went to shut the lights in my computer room something happened. The night sky called to me. I know that sounds totally lame and "crazy woo woo" (as my mom would say) but it did. It was this pull in my gut, I went to the window and I couldn't deny it. I climbed out the window with a big blankie and basked in the unbelievable site that is our night sky. I am telling you guys, this one was a beauty. It was worth every single second of lost sleep for the grace of God that I got to experience. 

It truly is an experience of God. I can't explain it any other way. I know there are those who don't believe but sitting beneath something so vast, so unbelievable in every fathomable and logical way to me, I just can not simply say there is no God. For me that is the proof. That kind of experience of awe just opens my eyes, heart and soul up to the rest of the proof that I often take for granted. Natures beauty, sounds, the people I love, the things I do, even what I am as a human being. 

Tonight... I am thankful. So very thankful for everything God has given me!
I wish that you all could have experienced it with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment